In Your Defense In Criminal Cases
Criminal defense is not only for criminals. You may never have committed an illegal act in your life, but now you face a criminal investigation, an accusation, an arrest and/or a criminal charge. Or, you may realize that you are at risk of criminal charges but you believe the allegations are unfounded. Whatever the circumstances, schedule an appointment with an experienced, trusted criminal defense attorney as soon as possible.
Since 1970, Coia & Lepore, Ltd., has provided aggressive, experienced and extremely competent legal representation in all types of criminal charges. Our trial lawyers will help you obtain the outcome that you expect:
- A reduction or dismissal of your charges
- A reduction or elimination of penalties
- The preservation or restoration of your clean record
Types Of Criminal Cases That We Handle
Our defense attorneys devote much time and effort to advocacy for Rhode Island residents who have been charged with offenses such as the following:
- State and federal crimes
- Misdemeanors and felonies
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol (DUI)
- Violent crimes, such as assault and battery, domestic violence, sexual assault, manslaughter, arson and kidnapping
- Drug crimes, including possession, possession with intent to distribute, distribution, trafficking, cultivation and manufacturing of banned substances and paraphernalia
- Theft, including shoplifting, robbery, identity theft (ID theft) and white collar crimes
- Traffic offenses, such as reckless driving and driving with a suspended or revoked driver’s license
- Tribunal, noncriminal traffic offenses
Attorney James Lepore, who has more than forty (40) years experience, handles criminal defense; attorney Leslie Tuchapsky, who has more than twenty-two (22) years experience, handles traffic tribunal matters. Also, ask us about our post-conviction work, including appeals, expungements and driver’s license reinstatements.
An Early Defense Is The Most Effective
For the best results in your criminal matter, contact us in your case’s earliest stages. Perhaps you have not yet been arrested or have not yet had your driver’s license revoked. You may have heard rumors, received notice of an investigation or been questioned in connection with an alleged conspiracy. With ample lead time, our lawyers may succeed in getting your case dismissed before you are at risk of a criminal record. That would be a true win. Let us make it happen for you.